- 29+ years experience
- Dallas resident since 1969
- Bachelors Degree from Stephen F. Austin State University
- Investment Adviser Representative (FINRA registrations held: series 7, 6, 63 and 66)
- Insurance License (licenses held group 1 and 4)
BRIAN’S EXPERIENCE IN FINANCIAL SERVICES
Getting Started: Brian started his career in 1991 at Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, a large financial services institution. NML is known for its superior training program in comprehensive wealth management. At NML he was Rookie of the Year. To further refine his training he next moved to a more focused wealth management firm - National Institute for Estate Planning. At NIEP Brian gained experience in performing complex analysis to advise high net worth individuals in the areas of Estate Planning, Investment Planning and Tax Planning Strategies.
Managing a Firm: In 1993, as past co-founder of Teton Financial Group, Brian learned to start-up and operate a fully staffed independent Financial Services Company.
Starting Own Firm: In 1994, Brian founded his own firm Ratcliff Financial Services Inc. RFSI was established to foster a client needs based planning philosophy with a focus on client accounts, client satisfaction and client retention. The success of the company can be attributed to having the primary focus on the client and the client’s needs. Brian feels an independent firm is necessary so that decisions can be made solely for the client’s best interest, this helps to assure that the client always receives the best possible advice.
Changes at RFSI: In 2002, after much analysis, RFSI made the decision to offer a fee based money management platform through Voya Financial Advisors, Inc. Brian thought this was necessary in order to remove any remaining biases in the money management process. Looking back on this decision, it was one of the best changes ever made at RFSI. As a result, client satisfaction has increased substantially.
Today at RFSI: Because of the great clients we have been able to help through the years, RFSI has grown to be one of the well known firms to offer advisory services through Voya Financial Advisors. In order for Brian to be able to continue to give personal attention to each client, the number of clients has been limited. With this in mind we have instituted an account minimum of $750,000. The future growth strategy of RFSI will remain as such.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Chairman's Club, The top tier award for Voya Financial Advisors, 2019, 2018, 2017
- Top 20 Advisors company wide, Voya Financial Advisors - Advisory Division, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2005 (Based on Gross Production and or Assets under management)
- Top 10 Advisors company wide, Voya Financial Advisors - Advisory Division, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 (Based on Gross Production)
- Century Club Member, Voya Financial Advisors 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003
- Presidents Club Member (Voya Financial Advisors) 2017, 2016, 2015, 2002
- Deacon, The Heights Church, Richardson Texas
- Deacon Chairman, The Heights Church
- Board Member, Finance Committee of The Heights Church
- Co-Director, Widows Ministry of The Heights Church
- Director, Heights Charity Car Show, benefiting The Network Food Bank of Richardson
- Board Member, Park Place Charity Car Show, benefiting Momentous Institute
- Board of Governors, Sigma Phi Epsilon National Fraternity
- Baylor University, Scott Ratcliff Pre-Med Scholarship
I enjoy spending time with my wife Sharon and three boys. Volunteering for non profit groups. Collecting classic automobiles.